Patrick Brompton Village Events Committee 24.10.16
The meeting was held at Grey Roofs and opened at 3pm.
In attendance : Margaret Chapman, Judi Johnson, Judith Cockburn, Linda Cork, Judy Norman and Wendy Shepherd. Penny Vernon arrived at 3.40.
Apologies from: Pete Philpott, Helen Whitehead.
Sue Philpott sent a message to say she is stepping down from the committee on medical advice. We all thank her for her participation and wish her well in the future.
The minutes from the last meeting were accepted as a true record and signed off by the Chair. There were no matters arising.
We currently have £1337 in the bank with some costs for the Murder Mystery still to be taken out. The end of year audit is due and the treasurer is looking for an auditor with availability.
Coffee Morning - 2017 planning
With regard to next year’s rota, there have been some alterations from the church congregation. There was discussion about the need for the church community to take an increased share of the load in running the monthly coffee mornings. Judy will speak to the PCC to try to encourage more support.
LC will circulate updated rota.
The Village Signs
Village representatives have met with Richmondshire District Council to discuss the cost of replacement of signs at the edges of the village. It is implied from the response of the council that the use of the old wishing well to house a sign would be acceptable. Alternatives are:
A new like-for–like sign with two posts - £450
Adaptation of and use of the old well - £250
A1L2B – have funds to donate to villages affected by the building of the bypass which Cllr Shepherd is to apply for, to cover this cost and the refurbishment of the phone box. The committee will work with the parish council to complete the erection of signs.
WS and LC will visit Mr Ward to let him know our plans.
Still awaiting sand blasting. Committee has given £200 towards cost and has been asked for a further £30 towards paint. Further funds for the refurbishment depend on Cllr Shepherd and on Cllr Bull who is seeking funds from the Defibrilator suppliers.
Parish Council Litter Pick 12.11.16 from 10am till midday.
The village group have been asked to supply soup and rolls.
JN, WS and MC will help cater on the day. It would be helpful if the PC could give an indication of expected numbers.
WS will enquire.
Christmas Tree Festival 10th and 11th Dec 2016
There is a planning meeting at Olivia Ryder’s home – 3 Lumley Terrace Newton-le-Willows on 31st Oct at 10am. All are welcome.
JN will attend for the committee, but others are welcome to accompany her.
The church community will provide mince pies and mulled wine. The N-le-W choir will sing on Sat 10th Dec at 6.30pm. The Village committee was asked by Olivia to think of any other organization that might provide a decorated tree. Can members have a think and invite likely tree donors.
LC to invite Aysgarth School to contribute.
Christmas Fair 26.11.16
JN reports that the organisers of the Fair would be grateful for help in decorating the church and setting up before the event.
More info after the 8.11.16 PCC meeting. JN will feedback to LC after the meeting.
Donations to WS by 15.11.16 please for this worthy cause. Contact Wendy for more details.
Murder Mystery- A HUGE success. Small refinements were discussed for consideration next time we do a big, catered event.
Bulb planting: 1250 bulbs planted. Next year we will monitor the blooms and identify gaps. Aim is to plant a further 1250 or so next year too.
N.B. A planting license has been received from Richmondshire District Council and was passed around the group and will be returned to PB Parish Council.
Wensleydale Railway Coffee: The railway event was a great success. Thanks to all involved. £205 was raised after costs.
Film Club: PP has asked for the purchase of a sound system for the club – likely cost £60. There was concern that the system might not be compatible with all the different laptops used.
WS will speak to PP about the precise requirements.
Beetle Drive 11.11.16 7.30pm
Hilary has all the cards etc, will provide prizes and run the beetle games. PBEC need to help with publicity and refreshments.
JJ to buy crisps, nuts, milk and biscuits.
Can anyone available let Wendy know if they can come to help set up at 7pm please?
Quiz Night 13.1.17 7pm
‘Woody’ and Grahame to run quiz in the Old Schoolroom . Green Tree to confirm they will to do pie and peas. VEC will buy mint sauce.
Carol Singing 16.12.16 6.30 pm at Manor Green
To be finalized at next meeting. Bring a torch. Mince pies and mulled something or cocoa?
Wine Tasting 17.12.16
Ticket sales are slow. Big push needed on ticket sales. Even if YOU can’t come, can you sell tickets to anyone else?
Final numbers needed to Wendy from everyone by 15.11.16
Parish Council Update
No update this month
Next PC meeting is Wed 23rd Nov 7.30pm
March 2017 – 70’s evening with Eddie Grant.
Feb 2017 – no plans as yet. Ideas to next meeting please.
The meeting closed at 4.50pm with thanks to Wendy.
Wednesday 23rd November at 2pm at Rose Cottage (Penny&Linda’s)
NOTE CHANGE OF DAY AND CHANGE OF TIME FOR THE NEXT MEETING.
The Events Committee
We meet monthly to organise both social and fund raising activities in our village. Thanks for your support at our events.