Minutes from Meeting held on 3rd May 2017
The meeting was held at 3 Pasture’s Green (Judith’s house) and opened at 3pm.
In attendance : Margaret Chapman, Judith Cockburn, Linda Cork, Wendy Shepherd and Pete Philpott.
Apologies: Judi Johnson, Penny Vernon, Helen Whitehead and Judy Norman.
The minutes from the last meeting were accepted as a true record and signed off by the Chair.
Matters arising – none
Treasurers Report from JJ – Not available as Judi is currently away.
Coffee Morning/ Rota – in April was run by the Church ladies and was very busy.
Clear up at the Village sign, photo shoot –the sign is looking much better. The Darlington & Stockton Times published a photo and a short piece about the new sign but unfortunately omitted to mention the involvement of the Events Committee, it intimated that it was solely carried out by the Parish Council. WS and JAC will write a letter to D & S outlining their disappointment.
Flower Bed Signs – Two Wild Flower beds are now planted and a special thank you goes to David Chapman for making the signs which are now in situ. Linda and Wendy to plant up the Bedale end and then arrange for the Hackforth end to be done once the new sign is up.
Village Show – WS, The Schedules have been distributed as agreed previously and Walter has also agreed to make a couple of signs advertising the Village Show. The Committee agreed to send a letter to all judges confirming their invitation to judge and to invite them to stay for the BBQ after the show has finished. JAC will send out a letter of thanks following the event.
It was agreed that JAC will purchase 28 sets of rosettes from Prudhoe Rosettes at a cost of 53p each. BBQ to be organized next meeting.
Newsletter – PV, although Penny was unavailable she did send some notes with Linda. April newsletter went out slightly later than usual and both Penny and Linda are away until the 23rd May so the next newsletter will go out in June. All contributions to be received by the end of May along with a recipe please. WS mentioned that the Gateway Magazine had published the incorrect details of our elected Committee members so she would contact to ask them to correct this as well as the correct details for the Craft afternoon.
Film Club Feedback/ License Renewal – PP, Pete said that there were not large numbers attending the film evenings so wondered about being more proactive to advertise (within legal parameters!). Pete was to ask people at the coffee morning for their emails to send a reminder round hoping to get more interest. The Committee agreed to this initiative. The license has been renewed.
Parish Council matters –PP, Pete mentioned the Annual Parish meeting and Annual Council meeting on 10th May. He said that included on the Agenda was the refurbishment of the Bus Shelter and the signage for the Defibrillator in the phone box. He encouraged anyone interested in having a say to attend.
Coffee morning for Bedale Library – PV, will take place on 27th May 10 – 12 noon as usual in the old schoolroom. Sue Perkins from the Library would like a table at the back of the room for a book stall. The Library would organize the flyers advertising the coffee morning for us to distribute by 19th May. The volunteers would also bring a banner and leaflets on the day, along with the raffle prizes.
Sue Perkins will arrive at approx. 9:15 on the day, her contact number is: 450301.
Baking: WS - Chocolate Brownies (will give to Mags)
JAC – Blueberry Scones
MC – Cheese Scones
*CAN EVERYONE LET PENNY KNOW WHAT THEY WILL BE BAKING PLEASE*
WS will put out Coffee morning signs and JAC will collect them back in.
Event Committee e-mail address – WS
The email address was now up and running: firstname.lastname@example.org (using google chrome)
Password was distributed to those at the meeting.
It was agreed that everyone should take a turn at checking the messages for a month and report back at the next meeting.
Rota so Far:
May – Judith C
June – Linda
July – Wendy
August – Mags
September – Pete
Organsation and dates for other PB Community Events in 2017 - ALL, Ceildih/ Barn Dance – It was agreed to be held in October, WS to ask Hackforth Village Hall Committee for their available dates. MC to contact band.
Murder Mystery – there may be a contact in Newton le Willows, more to be discussed later...
To discuss again next month.
A.O.B. – ALL, WS confirmed that the Public Liability Insurance was renewed via Coversure in Bedale at a cost of £229.24. WS and JAC to write a letter to D & S. Walter has mentioned that PB events are never mentioned in the D & S and could we do anything about this? This will be added to the letter also.
Date/ location of next meeting –
The next Committee meeting was arranged for 5th June 2017 at Helen Whitehead’s house (Butterwell Farm) at 3pm
As there was no further business the Chair closed the meeting at 4:50pm.
The Events Committee
We meet bi-monthly to organise both social and fund raising activities in our village. Thanks for your support at our events.