The meeting was held at Helen Whitehead’s house at The Haybarn, Butterwell Farm and opened at 3pm.
In attendance: Wendy Shepherd, Judi Johnson, Judith Cockburn, Judy Norman, Pete Philpott, Margaret Chapman, Helen Whitehead and Brenda Stratton
1 Apologies were received from Judy Norman. The minutes from the meeting held on 16th October 2017 were accepted as a true record and signed off by the Chair.
2 NO matters arising
3 Treasurers Report was given by JJ. The Ceilidh managed to break even after Hackforth Village Hall didn’t charge for the Bands food and friends of JAC kindly paid for their tickets even though they had a medical emergency. Although JJ had not received the latest bank statement she informed the Committee that there was approximately £1000 in the account. The Annual accounts had now been passed to the Auditor, Aisling.
4a Last coffee morning – the morning was very busy, total monies taken were £184. The Committee approved the purchase of 20 additional mugs – HW to purchase from Ikea along with more serviettes.
4b Bulb planting – More helpers than last time meant that this was completed in an hour, thanks to all who helped. The Committee decided to continue the bulb planting next year.
5 Newsletter - WS confirmed that she had completed the Newsletter for Oct/ Nov/ Dec and it had been distributed. She was looking for someone else to do the next. As no one was able to do so she will compile the next one with help from the committee. The Committee decided to issue an additional update along with notification of the AGM to be held on 15th January 2018. WS kindly agreed to do this.
6 Coffee Morning Rota for 2018 was agreed. JAC was asked to print off copies for the Church ladies and pass to Alistair Clark.
7 Film Night Feedback – PP reported that 10 people had attended the last film night so the night had made a profit. PP to give a list of films to be shown for Jan/Feb/Mar 2018 to WS.
8 Parish Council matters – PP reported that the telephone box had been discussed again and that there were questions about the further use of it. Also that there was a proposed Boundary change which would affect Patrick Brompton. He informed the Committee that a meeting was being arranged at Newton le Willows Village Hall on 6th December to discuss. It was suggested that a draft letter be written by the Council and made available to all Residents to send to Richmondshire Council if they wish to object to the changes. PP was asked to pass this on to the PB Parish Council.
9 Quiz Night 17th November – WS reported that 50 tickets had been sold. JJ agreed to take the float for the raffle and all were asked to donate raffle prizes. JAC agreed to bring mint sauce.
Other events in 2017 –
10a Carol Singing – 16th December, meeting at Manor Green at 6pm. JAC has music sheets. PP to play guitar, Penny and Linda are hoping to join us. Green Tree afterwards where Bryan will serve mulled wine and mince pies
10b Music Night – booked for 17th February 2018 at 7:30pm with Eddie at the Green Tree. Ticket price was set at £12.50 and the Committee agreed to have a Red theme since it was close to Valentine’s Day. 'Wear your heart on your sleeve' Menu suggestions were: Red Thai Curry or Vegetable Lasagne with Committee members to bake a Red Velvet cake each to serve for dessert. WS to speak with Bryan to confirm menu and feedback at a future meeting.
11 AOB – a date for the AGM was set for 15th January 2018 at 7pm to be held at the Old Schoolroom. JJ to update the template from last year and send to WS.
JAC requested a reminder to dog owners to clean up after their dog as there had been a run of dog fouling recently.
As previously said AB from Newton le Willows Village Hall Committee is eager to have a joint “Bring and Share” Afternoon Tea at Newton le Willows and Patrick Brompton Village Hall. This has now been arranged for Sunday 3rd December 2:30 – 4:30pm. Could available members help serve tea please. Most members have other commitments but JJ and WS can share the time slot between them.
Church Christmas Fare Coffee Morning to be held on 25th November 2017. Help required 10-12. Avie wanted help to make wreaths to sell, 14th November at 6pm at the Old Schoolroom. Please bring gloves/ secateurs.
12 Next meeting was agreed for Monday 15th January 2017 at Margaret Chapman’s house, Kirkpatrick at 3pm
The Events Committee
We meet bi-monthly to organise both social and fund raising activities in our village. Thanks for your support at our events.