Patrick Brompton Community Events Committee 4th April 2016
!The meeting was held at Rose Cottage, Hackforth Rd and opened at 3pm.
!In attendance : Margaret Chapman, Judith Cockburn, Linda Cork, Judi John- son, Judy Norman, Sue and Pete Philpott, Wendy Shepherd, Penny Vernon Apologies from: Helen Whitehead
!Approval of Minutes.
The minutes from the last meeting were accepted as a true record and signed by the Chair.
90th Birthday of H.M the Q
Feedback from PCC
Judy N reported that there was a positive response from the PCC and several offers of help.
A joint meeting was suggested with church members to make definite arrangements and ask for commitment from interested persons for rota and catering.
Meeting date set for 9th May 2.30 pm in the church. Please be there if you can.
Feedback re: display boards
WS reports we can borrow boards from Newton – suggests we go and look at them. WS/LC
Response to appeal for items for exhibition:
Although there have been expressions of interest, there has been no definite offer. We need a ‘booking system’ in place. This needs to be set up as soon as possible - 9th May 2.30pm at the Church/ Events joint meeting?
Need to ask the public at May coffee morning and have a list to sign up/prom- ise. Penny to create list.
WS referred to a number of cheaper sources of seed. Also parish council can obtain seed for £38 per kg.
It was decided that Sue P would buy seed and 2x Grow-Bags
Planting on 24th April 4pm and 26th April 2pm Need to bring forks, rakes, gloves etc
Pete reported that the licences are still not available for the coming year. (May to May)
A booking system was discussed to avoid overcrowding. It was proposed to create a flyer asking for expressions of interest. Members suggested ‘dona- tion to help with room hire’ rather than a request for specific donation.
Penny will buy DVD and create newsletter info/flyer
The format circulated was discussed agreed and signed by the officers. A fi- nancial year from 1st Oct to 30th Sept was proposed and agreed. AGM set for January to include election of officers.
A copy of the constitution will be put on the website (LC) and on the Notice Board in the bus shelter (WS)
An example of a policy was circulated in advance and the importance dis- cussed. We are all personally responsible if the group has no Public Liability Insurance.
Wendy will look further into the cover offered by a local company and inform the next meeting.
The possibility of cover for individual events was discussed as a potentially cheaper option and Wendy will look into this too.
£183 was raised at the March coffee morning so after expenses and church share removed the total came to £84.25 for the committee. Noted that raffle takings down slightly. Was that because raffle table was less visible?
£542 received from Parish Council being remainder of AD money after Arbour Hill expenses paid.
Penny will make a flyer asking for suggestions for use of the amount for the good of the village- for next coffee morning.
Coffee Morning Feedback
Members were updated about coffee morning box and stock of necessary items. All is in place. Thanks to Judi for keeping an eye on this so efficiently! New arrangement of chairs was agreed to be much better.
JJ will send photos to remind members of the arrangement.
Rosa has given 12 mugs to the group for use at the Craft Club / Coffee Morn- ing.
The use of mugs rather than cups was discussed and a proposal made to ask the Atkinson Trust to purchase IKEA mugs. 50 mugs can be bought for i.r.o. £17.
LC to write to Atkinson Trust.
Monthly meetings allow shared ideas and information. There is now a link on the PB website to the LDVHN site which allows users to see what events are taking place in other halls locally. Events/articles can be sent to Chris McGee via this link for addition.
Seeds and compost will be purchased by Sue.
Lighting Church – response to request for funding will be sent by LC – in the light of the new initiative to get sponsorship for lighting the committee will offer practical support with distribution of flyers and posters and will wait to assess response to church appeal before donating. The draft church appeal flyer was shared with the group.
In future a précis of this paper with main events plus events from the LDVHN website will be included in the PB news sheet - Penny to coor- dinate this with Pete.
Penny took suggestions from the group about content and will send the draft of the next sheet to the committee for comments.
Quiz – sales going well – food organized. Raffle prizes needed. Tea and cof- fee will be served.
Sue will buy 2x6 prizes
Wendy will bring float and check with Brian if plates are included from him. Helpers are asked to come at 6.15 to set up. Thanks.
!Clean for the Queen
After discussion it was decided that:
• • •
Helpers should be asked to bring protective gloves and wear stout footwear.
Latex under gloves will be donated via Margaret C (thanks!) JJ will buy 11 ‘grabbers’ from B&M at Catterick
Linda will buy Keep Britain Tidy bags
Wendy will use their trailer to take collected rubbish to tip
R. Hudson : Heritage Lottery Bid
A creative and full bid is in the process of submission. Details are evolving.
Support with finalising bid and submission needed. Come to Wendy’s at Grey Roofs on Wed 6th at 7pm or Fri 8th at 3pm if you can help. Thanks.
!Next meeting :
!The meeting closed at 5.15 pm with thanks to Penny
Monday May 16th, 3.00pm at Judith Cockburn's - 3, Pastures Green. !See you there!
The Events Committee
We meet monthly to organise both social and fund raising activities in our village. Thanks for your support at our events.